I recently heard a song on the Christian Radio Station that has finally said so much of whatis in my heart. She just did it better than me :)

I love the song, and I hope to sing it out at the Water sometime.

-and just a clarifier....I do not agree with the line "simple-minded friends"...I have many friends who are not believers in the same things as me, and they are anything but simpleminded. (wink)


Nichole Nordeman - What If

What if you’re right?
And he was just another nice guy
What if you’re right?
What if it’s true?
They say the cross will only make a fool of you
And what if it’s true?
What if he takes his palace in history
With all the prophets and the kings
Who taught us love and came in peace
But then the story ends
What then?

(Chorus)
But what if you’re wrong?
What if there’s more?
What if there’s hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
What if you jump?And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise?
What if He’s more than enough?
What if it’s love?
What if you dig, What if you dig
Way down deeper than your simple-minded friends

What if you dig?
What if you find
A thousand more unanswered questions inside
That’s all you find
What if you pick apart the logic
And begin to poke the holes
What if the crown of thorns is no more
Then folklore that must be told and retold

(Chorus)

You’ve been running as fast as you can
You’ve been looking for a place you can land so long
But what if you’re wrong?What if you jump?
And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise?
What if He’s more than enough?What if it’s love?

1 comment:

gadgetgrl said...

Yah I better not be considered a simple minded friend. Different belief systems = interesting friendships.

I don't believe in god and I have come to terms with that. The older I get the more convinced I am in that belief. Didn't come easily. And I don't think that non believers don't dig deep at all. In fact many times they dig way deeper. So many people adhere to the faith they were brought up without question. Not too deep that way.