Say goodnight, not goodbye...

I have been really struggling this past while, with the departure of some friends, and just the constant blowing of the winds of change.

I keep losing my footing. I know that change is a part of life, and I understand that people must move on, but I guess it all just hits me hard right now.

I am really feeling the distance from my family right now. Most times I can resove this in my head and heart, but right now, with my heart already hurting from other circumstances, I am just really raw.

I know it will pass, and I am so excited to see everyone this summer, but unfortunatley before it even begins, I am already dreading when it ends.

I just hate that it is this way. It seems so unfair, and I have honestly wrestled with God on this one. Is it really necessary?

I love my life here, I only wish I could move it, or move them, or....well you know how it goes.

I am really looking forward to my minivacation from the boys, almost I think as much as they are looking forward to a vacation from their parents!

Dave and I have never been on our own, so we are planning to "date" a lot during this time. How exciting is that?

I am also planning to attend "Folk Fest" with Michelle. I am looking SO forward to that! Yay...

Ok, so to push past all the blues here are a few things I am thankful for tonight
  • Driving/Couponing/Shopping/Movie Watching with Chel
  • Dave helping me dye my hair (what a riot)
  • Old episodes of Amazing Race with Russian Subtitles....LOL
  • A happy picture of my sister, after riding on a hot air balloon
  • Wesley giving me a big hug
  • ENCHILADAS....YUMM
  • Good friends, no matter where they live

And so, to the dear ones that are leaving me, all four of you, I am not sure you read this, but if you do, I want you to know that you have all been huge in helping me put my life back together, and that I am forever thankful.

And remember,

say goodnight....not goodbye :)

No comments: